- The possibility of alternation is one of the biggest benefits of democracy, but meaningful alternation is reason and cost benefit analysis driven.
- Change is often mistaken for a “replace with anything” sell & mindset. That is not change. Change is value adding & positive.
- If it is not value adding, then it is not and cannot be change.
- Some folks believe that the surest way to market themselves as change agents is to engage in endless criticisms of those in power.
- They criticize, trivialize and oppose whatever it is that the person in power does.
- Such an attitude and mindset soon give rise to a malignancy which I call serial opposition disorder, SOD.
- SOD as a malignancy leads to the spawning of mindless and non-credible criticisms.
- To be credible criticisms must be context sensitive and more importantly provide valid and feasible alternative lines of action.
- Non-credible and invalid criticisms are usually driven by spite, ignorance, ambition, bias, arrogance and selfishness.