Noel A. Ihebuzor
Love, peace, truth, kindness, justice and faith, key elements in our life and journey on earth are mentioned in the readings for this Sunday. Easy to say words, but often difficult to actualise in our daily existence. Though mostly lived in society and in the company of others, life is a personal search for meaning and self actualisation fired by a vision that drives our mission and purpose on earth. In our search for meaning and for what is good, we end up searching for God, our creator and the author of all that we are. We usually search for God in the big events of life and in so doing lose the many opportunities to see Him, to meet Him and to engage with Him in the more simple events where His presence may be found – in lonely places, in the face of our neighbours, in the stranger looking for love, in the cry of a child whose parents have been killed in airstrike, in the battered wife looking for protection and in the lonely drunk dazed and lost. Yes, we miss such opportunities because we forget these unforgettable lines – whatsoever you do even to the least of these brethren of mine, that you do unto me.
And faith too. We profess it like Peter, perhaps even more profusely. Come the least wave, the slightest suggestion of a storm, of an upheaval and we sink. And we scream our faith to the roof tops but do not match these with good works – James 2 is an inconvenient read…..but “too much talk is not good for evening mass” – So, let me end this short sharing with prayers for us all
- May you find God in the simplicity of ordinary day to day events;
- May you meet God in the quietness of small moments;
- May truth and kindness meet and unite in your life;
- May justice and peace embrace, kiss and fuse in our lives;
- May our faith give you courage to walk on troubled waters and not sink;
- May faith be our bridge over the troubled waters of life;
- May your faith be revealed through and matched by your good works;
- May love, truth, kindness, justice and peace fused as one become our operating software;
- And may we see the kindness of God and be granted His salvation.
HAPPY SUNDAY, HAPPY WEEK and may God bless you.
chai, chei, choi! A winner any day!