Rejoice with the good, celebrate the positive and come away from criticism for criticism’s sake. It is sterile and cheap – a plea for sense and moderation.
- The attitude of the APC leadership to the military campaigns in the North East is baffling and appears unpatriotic.
- APC leadership appears to rejoice at news of any reversals or loss of men/territory/weaponry by our military.
- Elements of this party leadership mocked and teased the military and the presidency over the debacle that was the failed cease fire.
- Recall that the ceasefire was conceived primarily to ease suffering and to explore solutions to the insurgency, not to score political points.
- The same party leadership guffawed when the attempt to purchase arms through SA failed. The weapons were to improve the operational efficiency of the military.
- Improving the operational efficiency of the military was meant to help the military quickly degrade the BH, not about elections.
- The military has now acquired new weaponry, morale is on the rise and battle tide has turned and the APC leadership is unhappy.
- The APC leadership now accuses the military and the presidency of politics. They claim the timing of these military gains is political.
- What is the APC leadership telling Nigerians? That they prefer Nigerian territory to remain under insurgent control till after the elections?
- That they prefer Nigerian men and women who have suffered to continue to suffer till after the elections? That they put electoral ambitions ahead of consideration of the emotional health, safety and security of Nigerians?
- These are the messages that the APC leadership is sending out to Nigerians, wittingly or unwittingly.
- Such messages are clearly unpatriotic. Please let us all rejoice with our troops who are liberating territories.
- Let us salute the gallantry of the military. The sacrifices they make go beyond petty politics.
- Certain things go beyond politics and it requires a large heart, decency, dignity and patriotism to see and appreciate such.
- Where good news about your country consistenlty gives you a bad headache, then something is definitely wrong – some debilitating conditions present in this way! Time to seek help as neither APC nor Codeine nor Paracetamol can provide any lasting cure.
2 thoughts on “If good news gives you a bad headache, then you need APC”
BUHARI IS INDEED THE WINNER.I HOPE WITH THIS GOOD NEWS YOU NOW NEED APC.
No, I do not need APC because good news does not give me a headache. I rejoice for my country because of this great stride in democracy made possible by the steadfast commitment of President Jonathan to furthering the democratic process. So keep your APC, rejoice at the victory of your party but more importantly rejoice that a humble transformational leader has kept faith with his promise and in the process elevated our country higher on the pedestal of democracy.