by Noel Ihebuzor
Recent events in Nigeria are increasingly making me to believe that our politicians are now beginning, by their acts and omissions, to broaden the meaning of the term “political sophistication” to mean any or all of the following –
- the ability to hold/live divergent political loyalties at the same time with no visible show of cognitive dissonance.
- the effecting of political somersaults and display of inconsistencies not accompanied by any sense of remorse or shame.
- the ability to step-down considerations and respect for your political icon for immediate short-term gains!
- the ability to be consistently inconsistent and undependable!
- the death of morality, honor, principles and decency in dealings on all matters political
we all are all the poorer because of these unfortunate semantic shifts and extensions because they signify fundamental erosions of values and a society is a robust as its values..