Hope these pre-election promises are still valid and indeed that they were authored by Buhari!
Corruption and Governance
I pledge to:
- Publicly declaration of my assets and liabilities
- Encourage all my appointees to publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission (RMFAC).
- Personal leadership in the war against corruption
- Inaugurate the National Council on Procurement as stipulated in the Procurement Act. The Federal Executive Council, which has been turned to a weekly session of contract bazaar, will concentrate on its principal function of policy making.
- Review and implement audit recommendations by Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative including those on remittances and remediation.
- Work with the National Assembly towards the immediate enactment of a Whistle Blower Act
- Work with the National Assembly to strengthen ICPC and EFCC by guaranteeing institutional autonomy including financial and prosecutorial independence and security of tenure of officials. Make…
View original post 1,913 more words